Some people like to call this the "About Me" section. I prefer to call it "GIRL CAN'T HOLD DOWN A JOB." I'm a former lawyer and former public school teacher taking some time off to take care of my kids and my mom, who was diagnosed with lung cancer. She's doing great now. I'm the one still trying to figure it all out.
I live in Central Texas with two teenage daughters, two dogs, two cats, and my sweet husband. Who travels all week.
I love the idea of the Pivot questionnaire from Inside the Actors Studio. I feel like I learn more about the interviewees as people in those 90 seconds than I do in the entire show. So, here's mine:
- What is your favorite word? Blithe
- What is your least favorite word? Can't
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Food
- What turns you off? Bigotry in all its forms.
- What is your favorite curse word? The "f" word. Okay, fuck.
- What sound or noise do you love? Laughing. And birdsong.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Any kind of slur.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Cellist
- What profession would you not like to do? School principal. Hardest job in the world -- all of the risk, none of the reward
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "So, what's for dinner?"