Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dear Maudies,

How I love you.  How I love your tortilla chips and spicy salsa.  How I love the queso even though it doesn't have any discernible peppers or other bits to entice me.  Or perhaps because it doesn't have any vegetables in it to spoil it.


I miss you, Maudies.  I miss the Maggie's Plate with the one beef taco and the one cheese enchilada, yes, with onions, duh, and the chips with queso.  Didn't I just mention queso as an appetizer?  Yes, and I'm having it with my meal, too.


I drive by you almost every day.  Some days I get really close to you because you are on the way to math tutoring.  And you are right by that grocery store that I only go to in emergencies and on Sunday afternoons when I just need a couple of things because it is too expensive and, therefore, never crowded.


I want you to know it's not you.  It's me.  It's not you.  IT'S ME!


You see, we want different things.  You want me to eat there, and I cannot because I am on the project.  I know it's not fair to ask you to wait for me.  You deserve to be happy with your other paying diners and people who come for happy hour and free chips.  But I will always love you.  I think about you everyday.  You will always be in my heart.  I just wish you were in my tummy, too.


Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment